Why should higher education organisations TAKE2?
- Even if your organisation is already reducing its greenhouse gas emissions, by participating in TAKE2, you can further promote your climate change efforts and further improve your organisation’s reputation.
- You could lower operating costs.
- If you invest wisely in low carbon technology your organisation may get the return on its investment within a few years, thanks to improved efficiency.
- Unchecked, the environmental impact of climate change will affect all areas of life.
- It’s the right thing to do.
How can higher education organisations TAKE2?
Initially you’ll need to make the TAKE2 pledge.
Then decide what actions your higher education organisation will take to reduce its emissions. You’ll be able to select from listed actions or outline your own ideas as part of the registration process. Some examples include -
- Make innovative sustainability and climate change actions part of your curriculum
- Invest in research to develop curriculum content on sustainability, including climate change.
- Develop and implement an environmental management plan.
- Construct or retrofit buildings to a 5 star or higher NABERS energy or Green Star rating.
- Tell other partners and networks about your work to reduce carbon emissions.
- Support and promote climate change scholarship opportunities.
View the full list of actions for higher education
Once you’ve committed to actions, get started. You can share your pledge through your TAKE2 website profile as well as through your website and social media channels so others know about your commitment and action on climate change.
You will receive regular updates and tips. You can continue to update your climate change actions and hear how others are playing their part.
Victoria can help keep the temperature rise under two degrees, as long as we all act, together.
Download the TAKE2 higher education fact sheet