Why should Local Governments TAKE2?
- You could get access to ground breaking climate change work other Local Governments are involved with.
- By participating in TAKE2, you can promote your Council’s climate change efforts and further improve its reputation.
- You could lower your organisational operating costs.
- If your Council is a climate change leader, it will have a lot to offer other organisations through TAKE2.
- Unchecked, the environmental impact of climate change will affect all areas of life.
- It’s the right thing to do.
How can Local Governments TAKE2?
Initially you’ll need to make the TAKE2 pledge.
Then decide what actions your Local Government is taking already or will take in the future to reduce its emissions. You’ll be able to select listed actions or outline your own ideas as part of the registration process. Some examples include -
- Undertake an energy inventory and develop a reporting process.
- Develop and implement a Council building energy efficiency capital works program.
- Develop a renewable energy implementation plan.
- Introduce a kerbside organic waste collection program.
- Encourage staff to TAKE2.
- Promote Council’s environmental programs to the community.
- Give residents guidance on environmental design and retrofits.
View the full list of actions for local government
Once you’ve committed to actions, get started. You can share your Local Government pledge through your TAKE2 website profile and via your Local Government website and social media channels so your community knows you are acting on climate change.
You will receive regular updates and tips. You can continue to update your climate change actions and hear how others are playing their part.
Victoria can help keep the temperature rise under two degrees, as long as we all act, together.
Download the TAKE2 Local Government Fact Sheet